So, tonight I read an article about 14 uses for a Microwave that you probably never thought of.
Some things I knew about like cooking an entire dinner in under 10 minutes, and making potatoes. I also knew about the number 1 item on the list- disinfecting sponges ! But there were items on there like disinfecting your cutting boards and softening brown sugar that intrigues me. I also found out that it is a great way to toast coconut and nuts. Who knew?
I am all about working smart and not hard so finding out that I can toast coconut and nuts in the micowave is AWESOME!
Here's the rest of the list- hopefully one of these will make your day a little easier..
1. Disinfectin/Deodorizing sponges (soak in water with lemon or vinegar, then rinse and microwave for 1 minute)
2. Cooking an entire dinner in under 10 minutes (any recipe that calls for braising, poaching, or steaming- cut cook time about 1/4)
3. Disinfecting Plastic Cutting board (wash board well and then rub with lemon juice and heat for 1 minute)
4. Softening brown sugar (add a few drops of water into package- then microwave for 10-20 seonds)
5. Making potatoes (prick with fork all over- cook for 2 minutes, turn over and then cook for another 2-3 minutes)
6. Decrystalizing honey (30 seconds to 1 minute)
7. Proofing Yeast Dough (Place the dough in a very large bowl and cover with plastic. Place an 8-ounce cup of water in the back of the microwave with the bowl of dough in the center, and set the power as low as possible (10 percent power). Heat for 3 minutes, then let the dough rest in the microwave for 3 minutes. Heat for 3 minutes longer, then let rest for 6 minutes. The dough will double in bulk.)
8. Heating Up Health Aids
9. Warming Up Beauty Products (like hot oil treatments for hair)
10. Roasting Garlic (take 7 minutes)
11. Partially Cooking Foods for the grill
12. Getting more juice from citrus (20 seconds in the oven before squeezing that lemon will get you more juice!)
13. Toasting Nuts, Bread Crumbs and coconut (2-3 minutes while stirring)
14. Cooking vegetables (you can steam them without water....)